Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I love you because...


I do not enjoy buying gifts for people, particularly adults.  Finding the perfect gift stresses me out.  I know that sounds like a terrible thing to say but it's not that I don't enjoy giving gifts.  The problem is that I put pressure on myself to find a really thoughtful gift that says, "I know you so well and I found the perfect gift for you."  Some people are really good at that.  I am not that person.

Tim and I started dating when I was only 15 years old.  We have celebrated many, many birthdays, holidays, anniversaries, etc. over the years.  I find it really hard (and stressful) to come up with creative gifts over and over again.  So before any gift giving occasion, I tell Tim, "I won't get anything for you if you don't get anything for me."  That way, if I come up with something - GREAT!, and if not, Tim wasn't expecting anything anyway.

For Valentine's Day, Tim and I agreed that we wouldn't buy gifts for each other and instead we'd order take outs for dinner (which is kind of a present for me because it gets me out of cooking!).  But then I found a fun idea on Pinterest.  I actually combined this Pin and this Pin on Pinterest.  Here's what I came up with for Tim's gift.


I found the heart frame on clearance at Michael's for $10.  Then I just traced the glass from the frame on a large piece of red card stock and bought sticker letters to write out "I love you because...".  All you need is a dry erase pen to write messages!  I re-used an old ribbon so we can hang it up in the house (we're not sure where to hang it yet - I'm TERRIBLE when it comes to interior decoration decisions).  Here's the finished product:


I love you Tim!  Happy Valentine's Day!

Pin It

1 comment:

Becky R said...

Another fun way to get some neat, personalized designs on to glass is to use etching cream. Just get some contact paper and create the negative of your design by drawing it on the back of contact paper. Cut out the design with a craft knife and stick the contact paper on your glass surface of choice (a mirror, a container that you want to have a lable, plain cups that could use some sprucing or could even get the girls' names on them, etc). The "paint" over the contact paper with the etching cream (but that paint brush that you use can know longer be used for anything else). Let the cream sit, then carefully wipe it off (the rag should probably also be dedicated to the etching cause after this). It's really simple, and you can find almost any image or font you want by just googling the stencil on google images. Plus the cream isn't too expensive and can be found at just about any descent craft store. A fun and simple way to personalize anything!
Your heart is awesome...I'll have to check out Pinterest!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...