Pages

Friday, March 16, 2012

Lemon Garlic Pasta



I love pasta!  Always have.  It must have been my Grandma's authentic Italian cooking that instilled my love of pasta.   When I saw this recipe on Pinterest, I knew I had to try it.  Not only does it look delicious (and tastes great too!), but it's so quick and easy to make!




Ingredients:

  • 12-14 oz. package of pasta (I used penne noodles but you can use whatever you prefer)
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
  • 5 Tbsp olive oil
  • 3-4 clove garlic, minced
  • Juice of 1 lemon
  • Basil (fresh would be better, but I didn't have any so I used dry basil flakes)
  • Ground pepper, to taste

Note:
These ingredients will make 4 servings.


Instructions:


  1. Sauté the garlic over low heat in 1 Tbsp olive oil until the garlic starts to brown on edges. Immediately remove from heat and reserve.
  2. Meanwhile, boil your pasta and chiffonade some basil leaves if you're using fresh basil.
  3. Once the pasta is ready, drain and place in a bowl.
  4. Add the garlic, basil, cheese, lemon juice and 4 Tbsp olive oil and mix well.
  5. Place it on a plate and crack some pepper over it.

I added asparagus to our meal.  If you want to see the instructions for the asparagus, click here.



Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...