Pages

Monday, April 2, 2012

Heart Crayons


Ava's 4th birthday is coming up this month and she's having a little party at her preschool.  The kids sing happy birthday and the birthday boy or girl brings a special snack for everyone.  A lot of times, the birthday boy or girl will also give their school friends a small gift.  I went to the Dollar Store and the dollar section at Target but it seems like all the good ideas have been done by now.  You know, bubbles, Playdough, bead necklaces, stickers, etc.  I saw these heart crayons on Pinterest and thought they might make a cute and relatively inexpensive gift.  Here's what you need:

  • Box of crayons (I got a box of 48 crayons from the Dollar Store) 
  • Wilton silicon heart mold (I found mine at Jo-Ann's)
  • Cutting board
  • Sharp knife
Preheat the oven to 275 degrees.  

Peel the wrappers off the crayons and cut them into small pieces.  

Place the heart mold on a baking sheet.  Fill your heart molds with crayon pieces and bake for ~25 minutes or until crayons are fully melted.  The time it takes to melt the crayons may vary based on the brand of  crayon you use.  Once the crayons are melted, take them out to solidify.  I popped mine in the freezer for 5-10 minutes.  Once solid, you can turn the heart mold inside out to get the crayon out.

I packaged the crayons in these little bags that I found at the Dollar Store with an eraser (also from the Dollar Store, I love that place!).  I gave the extra crayons to Ava and Sidney and they love them!  I hope Ava's school friends like them too!


Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...