Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Dollar Crafts: Bird Houses

We have so many animals visiting our back yard from birds and squirrels to bunnies and deer.  I tried planting some basil in my yard and it didn't even last a day!  Rather than be upset, I decided we'd try to make the yard a nice place for the little critters to play.


I found these bird houses at Joanne's.  The little one (that you can barely see) was just a dollar and I used a 40% off coupon on the big one so I was just over $3.  I bought the Yard and Garden paint at Hobby Lobby on sale as well.

 Sidney mostly wanted to play around in the paint.  Not as much made it on the bird house.

Ava covered her whole bird house from top to bottom.

The girls were pretty proud of their bird houses.




Tim helped Ava hang the bird houses in the back yard where we can see them from the windows.  

I think all of our Dollar Craft projects have been painting projects.  Now I'm on the hunt for a non-painting Dollar Craft project.  Let me know if you have any good ideas!

Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...