Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Fourth of July Flag Wreath

I had such good intentions of making a Spring wreath for my front door, but nothing materialized.  Then, I saw this cute flag wreath in my Disney Family Fun magazine that looked really easy to make.  I especially like that the wreath can be used for Memorial Day, 4th of July and Labor Day.


All you need is a wire wreath (Michael's and Hobby Lobby sell them for $3), red, white and blue tulle (I bought 25 yards of each and had lots left over), wooden stars and white paint.


Instructions:
1.  Cut a bunch of pieces of tulle.  The width of your wreath will determine how long you should cut your pieces.  I cut mine ~11 or 12 inches long.


2.  Fold a piece of tulle in half and place it under the wreath.


3.  Insert the ends of the tulle between the loop and pull tight.


4.  I alternated two reds, two whites and two blues to fill my wreath.
5.  I attached a long piece of red tulle to the wreath to hang it on my door.


6.  Lastly, I painted three wooden stars white and attached them to the wreath using fabric tape.  I appears to be holding very well.


Happy 4th of July!

Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...