Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

Cookie Brownie Surprise Bites


This weekend went by so fast.  I am still worn out.  On Saturday, we had a picnic at Long View Park with some friends.  This is my favorite park right now.  The playground is small enough that I can keep my eyes on both kids, but big enough to entertain Ava.  And they have a horse stable with a bunch of horses.  There's also a bunch of shaded walking trails and one of them leads to a pond.  And they have a huge pavilion that you can rent for picnics.  This is the only good picture I got of the pavilion and tables, but trust me, it's nice even though Sidney's face looks horrified.




Back to the treats...each family brought a side and treats to share.  I decided to try a new recipe that I found on Pinterest - Cookie Brownie Surprise Bites.  You basically smash a "surprise" between pre-made refrigerated cookie dough and brownie batter.  What took me so long to discover this??!!??!!  Genius! 


Ingredients:
One package of pre-made refrigerated cookie dough
One box of brownie mix (and the necessary ingredients, i.e.; oil, eggs)
The "surprise" - I used Rolos and Mini Oreos (you could also use caramels or Reese's PB Cups or chocolate covered pretzels or whatever)


Instructions:
1.  Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2.  Heavily grease a mini muffin tin.
3.  Make your brownie mix according to the box instructions.


4.  Press ~1.5 Tbsp of cookie dough into the bottom of each muffin cup.


5.  Add your "surprise" on top of the cookie dough.
6.  Using a spoon, cover the cookie dough and surprise with your brownie batter, filling it to 3/4 full.  If you fill it to the top, be sure you've greased the top of your muffin tin as well or it will be hard to remove the treats without breaking them.
7.  Bake for 15-18 minutes.
8.  If you let them cool it will be easier to remove them from the muffin tin.  I take mine out a bit early so that they don't over cook while cooling.

Hope you had a fun weekend! 

Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...