Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Our Thankful Turkey

We have a lot to be thankful for, especially this year with another little munchkin on the way!

I find it challenging to teach my girls to be grateful for their blessings.  Their little worlds are so simple and innocent.  It's all they know.  They don't understand that some kids don't have food to eat when they're hungry or shoes to wear outside or a loving and supportive family.

I thought the Thankful Turkey would be a good tool to teach my kids appreciation.  And it was pretty easy to make!  All you need is poster board, card stock, scissors, double stick tape and a Sharpie.

First I made a turkey using different colored card stock and then I double stick taped it to a piece of poster board.  At the top of the poster board I wrote "I'm Thankful For...".  I'm planning on laminating the poster board so that I can reuse it year after year.

Then I traced my hand and my girls' hands on fall-colored card stock to make turkey feathers.

Now we can write the things that we're thankful for on the hands and soon our turkey will have lots of beautiful feathers!

Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...