Pages

Monday, March 18, 2013

Daddy's Home!

My girls are still trying to grasp the concept of time.  I try to put things in perspective by comparing time to the number of Team Umizoomi episodes you'd have to watch if we're discussing hours or the number of bedtimes if we're discussing days.  

Ava's "how long until" questions generally revolve around three things: 1.  How long until dinner?  2.  How long until Dad gets home from work?   3.  How long until I get to wake up in the morning?  This past week was particularly tough because Tim was traveling out of the country for SIX DAYS!  This is the first time Tim has had to travel since Clara was born.  I had no idea how we'd make it six whole days with out Tim.  It was pretty exhausting and chaotic and the house was a mess most of the time and we had breakfast for dinner more times than I'd like to admit.  But we made it (with the help of the grandparents - thank God for grandparents!).

Every day, multiple times a day, Ava confirmed her understanding of the number of days until Tim got home from his "work vacation".  That's what I like to call it because any time you are free of your child responsibilities (feeding, diapering, putting to bed, etc.), you are on vacation.  These days, going to the dentist while my mom watches the girls is a mini-vacation for me.

When Tim finally got home, a huge weight lifted from my shoulders.  The girls were so happy to see him, but no one was happier than me.



Tim traveled to three countries in six days, including Hong Kong where he picked up this cute little kimono for Clara.


We love you Daddy!  So glad you are home safe and sound.

Pin It

3 comments:

Becky R said...

awwww, I'm so glad he's home safe and can help you wrangle those li'l uns!

Nithya said...

What a cute pic of little Clara!How do you get her to smile in all the pictures ? Such a doll!

Cathy said...

She is the smiley-est baby I've ever seen. All you have to do is look at her and she smiles. She brightens my days!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...