Pages

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Lunch Box Notes

A lot of parents cry when their little one goes off to Kindergarten for the first time.  I didn't expect to be very emotional.  I had prepared for this day for many years.  And Ava was only signed up to go to half-day Kindergarten, which meant that we'd have all afternoon and evening together.  Not much different than Preschool.  Here are some pics from her first day.

Sidney is REALLY going to miss Ava.

Everyone is smiling and excited and happy!

After going to half-day Kindergarten for ONE day, Ava decided that she was ready to go full day..."as long as I won't be too sad that she'll be gone all day."  What??!!??!!  I was NOT prepared for this.  Cut to morning drop off on day 2 of full-day Kindergarten:


This image of my little Ava and her giant back pack walking off to school so brave is burned in my mind and I still get choked up when I think about it.  Yep, I'm that mom.  Oh well.

To make sure that Ava thinks about me at least once during the day, I made these cute little Lunch Box Notes.

I used a few craft punches and card stock to create the note cards.



If you don't have craft punches, Michael's has come cute note cards in the dollar bins.  I'm a sucker for the dollar bins.  Here are the ones that I bought:

What to write on the Note Card?

Keep it simple
Ava is just learning to read so I kept the message simple.  Some ideas are:
- I Love You
- Try Hard
- You are a Great Kid
- Be Kind
- Do Your Best
- Be a Good Listener
- Raise Your Hand

Decorate
I used stamps and stickers to decorate the note card.  Michael's has stamps in their dollar bins and you can buy huge packs of stickers for a dollar too.  You could also draw pictures.



Jokes
Kids love jokes.  Click here for a link to lots of kid-appropriate, printable lunch box jokes.

Count Down
Is there a special occasion coming up?  Maybe a birthday or holiday.  Count down the days to that special day on your lunch box notes.

If you have a color printer, you can find tons of free printable lunch box notes online.  Click here for a Pinterest search.

Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...